environmental blog based in Lakewood, Ohio

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Future of Cars

At Earth Fest, I was exposed to the technology developed by NASA that allows automobiles to run on hydrogen gas. This would create zero emissions - the only waste from the car would be pure water. The representative told me the technology is currently being used primarily on forklifts and things of that sort. Honda has come out with the FCX Clarity - FC standing for Fuel Cell. The car is currently only being leased to a few people in southern California. I can't wait until this technology hits the mainstream market!
 
 Also, it makes me proud to say that all of Honda's current/future products use alternative fuel sources. Barely anything can make me have faith in humanity to fix all of the environmental problems that we created, but this is telling me it's starting to get noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment