environmental blog based in Lakewood, Ohio

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

West Side Market

I went to the West Side Market a couple weeks ago for the first time. My new house is within ten minutes of it! I really enjoyed it, and for those who have never been I highly suggest going. I got some awesome pasta and cupcakes, and was happy to see a place that sold a lot of vegan dairy products.You can check out information about the market on their website.

Now, there may be a question of how this relates to the environment. This is one of our problems - people do not realize that just about everything relates to the environment, including BUYING LOCAL! It's very important to buy local when you can because it helps our local economy and doesn't use a lot of gas in the transportation process. It is also generally better for YOU to buy from small farmers or organizations because you are directly supporting them and not going through another company.

No comments:

Post a Comment